Free and Easy Ways to Support Behind Closed Doors
There are many ways that you can help change the lives of people who are or have been affected by domestic abuse, for FREE! Have a look at some of our ideas below.
Fundraise on Facebook
Is your birthday coming up? Start a Facebook fundraiser for your birthday and celebrate by raising vital funds for Behind Closed Doors! Use this link to set up your fundraiser: https://www.facebook.com/fund/BCDLEEDS/
Shop through Amazon Smile
If you shop at Amazon then sign up to Amazon Smile and choose to support Behind Closed Doors. It’s the same products, same prices, same services as the Amazon you know, but Amazon will donate to Behind Closed Doors! Every donation helps us to provide support to those affected by domestic abuse.
- Visit smile.amazon.co.uk
- Or open the Amazon app, find ‘Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
Help spread the word
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Share our stories with your family and friends and help us to reach more people.
Sign up to Percent
You can raise money for Behind Closed Doors – at no extra cost to you – by signing up to Percent.
- Download @WeArePercent app.
- Choose Behind Closed Doors.
- Connect your card.
- Spend as usual at your favourite retailers and we receive a free donation.
Charity of the Year Schemes
Whether it’s your local supermarket, the place where you work, or your sports club, lots of organisations and groups choose a charity to support for the year. Nominate Behind Closed Doors and encourage your friends, family or colleagues to raise money to help change the lives of people who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
Sign up to Give as You Live
Choose Behind Closed Doors and we receive a donation every time you shop online at 1000’s of brands, including Argos, ASOS, Boots, ebay and M&S.
- Sign up to Give as you Live https://www.giveasyoulive.com/. Choose Behind Closed Doors as your charity and enter your details.
- Browse the over 4,500 stores involved.
- Visit the store via the Give as you Live website or app, then shop as normal
- Give as you Live will make a donation to Behind Closed Doors!